Re: a problem with speech dictionaries again.

Dan Beaver

Brian,

My symbol level is set to some.  I really do not want to have to switch the symbol level around because I only want the brackets suppressed while using Thunderbird.  I do want to hear brackets in all other cases that I am currently aware of.  this is why I am trying to suppress them through the dictionary.  I only want them suppressed in a set of specific subject lines.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 12/6/2021 5:25 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 03:13 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Actually, I am trying to get it not to say the brackets.
-
What is your punctuation level set to?

NVDA is not reading the brackets, at all, for me.  It just says Blind Tee.

See section 12.2.2 of the NVDA user guide.  I strongly suspect this is linked somehow to your synth or, quoting from that section:  ""

The language for which symbol pronunciation is being edited will be shown in the dialog's title. Note that this dialog respects the "Trust voice's language for processing symbols and characters" option found in the Speech category of the NVDA Settings dialog; i.e. it uses the voice language rather than the NVDA global language setting when this option is enabled.

         ~ Vance Packard

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)