Re: Accessing Zoom Chat With NVDA

Gene

Also, if this feature no longer exists in the newest version of JAWS, you can install an earlier version. and keep the newer version.  You can have multiple copies of JAWS on the same machine.  You can use the older copy only for Zoom meetings, if you wish.

Of course, you may want to see if NVDA does what you want before installing an earlier JAWS version.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessing Zoom Chat With NVDA

JAWS may have let you use this command as though it were a universal command but that may have been a JAWS feature.  I joined a test meeting and when I talked, if I was in the window using NVDA, the command control 2 worked.  When I talked and I wasn’t in the window, it didn’t.

Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2021 6:24 PM

Thank you.  Unfortunately control + shift + t is not a global command.  That is, you can’t use it from the minutes file.  You must alt + tab to Zoom, control + shift + t, then alt + t back to your minutes file.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838