Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

For those having issues with say a large file, I read a big book now and it took a bit a 300 page monster I just brought last week in fact.

The only thing I'd like added would be the decoding of epub files that would be cool.

For those having issues with the reading the window later, yeah you tab and its gone.

You hit things which are not the curser and its gone.

the window isn't a perminant fixture.

So after you read, hit control a, then control c, then paste it into word or notepad or something, save and read and tbob's your uncle.

I am going to place this on all my systems I administrait, because if I need to read any images now I can, good work.

Ooh and if the devs support donations give me a paypal address I can send  a 20 at, because I will be using this.

This is a good christmas present for some of us especially those that can't afford christmas, I am not one of those persons but this is a bonus.

On 9/12/2021 5:43 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

That's a yes and a no. Without going into details (in consideration of the audience here), if the add-on (specifically, the global plugin) detects it is focused on Excel cell, it can perform the task associated with this command (gesture) in Excel, namely row header script, so that's a yes. It's also a no because of two reasons:

  1. Global plugins are consulted first when a user performs a command. In case of this situation, NAO would be consulted first, and the global plugin can choose to perform its duties or perform Excel specific command. Therefore, it is critical that global plugin authors come up with ways to honor app scenarios if possible.
  2. What if a person presses NVDA+Shift+R multiple times? This is used in Excel - when NVDA+Shift+R is pressed once, focused cell is marked as row header cell, and the user would press this command twice to clear this marker. If NAO does not check how many times a person presses NVDA+Shift+R, only part of the row header command would be performed.

These are the ones I can think of (again I won't go into code since this is a user-centric forum).

Cheers,

Joseph