Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 11:48 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I could use the ocr function of nvda but sometimes windows ocr is not all that grate.
-
This add-on still employs Windows OCR.  It is nice that it can do whole files for when you want to get a "quick and dirty" read.  But when it comes to things like PDF files, if you intend to use that same file again and again it makes more sense to apply OCR to the file itself and save the text layer with it so that you never need to OCR it again.  That's not a criticism of the add-on, though, as it doesn't seem to me that this is the purpose of the tool.  It's got "quick and dirty" one-time or very occasional reading of a given file as its target.

         ~ Vance Packard