Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Hi,

Currently when you perform an OCR with Windows, the resulting text is shown as a virtual buffer-like environment. If I read the post correctly, what the member is asking for is saving OCR results to a text file. In a way, it is possible to do this, but one must be mindful of where the resulting text files are.

As for the overall notion of making images accessible, I think it is important to direct our attention to advocacy more, specifically persuading document authors to make things readable for more people. For PDF files, provided that they are generated with accessibility in mind, they can be opened and read in any program that accepts PDF files such as recent web browser releases (Edge, for example).

I have a strong intuition that the add-on idea was inspired by another product, but I won't go into that unless asked directly.

Cheers,

Joseph