Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Christo de Klerk

Hello

This could be a really useful addon. Unfortunately I am experiencing exactly the same issue of not being able to read the result of the OCR. When I move my cursor keys, the virtual window disappears and the text is gone. I am using NVDA version 2021.3 and Windows Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1348) on a 64 bit laptop and using desktop keyboard layout. This happens when I try to OCR an image PDF. Another addon developed by Rui Fontes which has similar functionality, does OCR the same PDF and I can read its resulting text.

I hope this issue could be resolved.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2021/12/08 5:40 pm, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Simone and Brian,

I am reading Brian's problem with concern that there might be an implication that this add-on is not effective. I am using the add-on on Windows 10
Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
With NVDA 2021.3 and the previous version of NVDA.
I have tried the add-on on a single image pdf document and on an image.tif document with perfect results.
I am moving the up and down arrow keys to traverse the result perfectly and the left and right arrows with equal success.
I have also managed to copy the result screen to the clipboard and paste it into an open notes document.

All this is, of course, only what the add-on is expected to do. So, brian, I am surprised at your difficulty and hope you find what is causing this problem for you.

All the best,

Cearbhall

On 2021-12-08 8:32 a.m., Simone Dal Maso wrote:
Il 08/12/2021 13:57, Brian Moore ha scritto:
 The ocr process happens and I hear "result document" and the first
line of the file but as soon as I press an arrow key to read the
rest, the result vanishes and I am taken back to the folder from
where I initiated the ocr.

Ok, I will contact the developers for this.

Are you using a laptop? Or an usb keyboard?

The fact is that it seems that for some reasons the addon doesn't
intercept the arrow keys.

Are you using the normal arrow keys or for example some emulations or
numpad keys?

Sorry for all these questions but it is to understand the problem.