Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Gene

I haven’t worked with enough PDF documents to say how many read properly.  I have seen discussions now and then where people perform OCR on PDF documents containing text in columns on pages because the text is better decolumnized by the OCR program.  I’ve had the same experience working with PDF documents of librettos containing such columns.

It may be that the majority, perhaps most, PDF documents read properly in that the text appears in logical order.  But without experience of a large number of PDF documents, I wouldn’t assume that.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 03:17 PM, <benmoxey@...> wrote:
In fact, if tagged correctly, you get the best reading experience when loaded in Adobe Reader DC; they navigate like a well-designed website.
-
And this comes back to what one defines as accessible.

There are plenty of PDFs that "aren't pretty," that I won't deny, but you can read the content with a screen reader.  That's accessible.

If we want to talk about maximally accessible and nicely formatted, that's something else entirely than "just accessible."
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

~ Vance Packard

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.