Re: Associations with edit boxes and labels

Greg Williams

On 12/6/2021 11:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
What's really interesting is that three edit boxes, full name, email address, and twitter name are the boxes sans any labels announced, but when you land in the edit box for Any extra things you think we should know and are in auto switch mode and it switches to focus mode it is announced.  Truly weird in terms of accessibility in a form.

-

As Jonathan mentioned, most of the input fields have aria-label attributes which are announced when tabbing. For some reason, these three do not have an aria-label. They also do not have an ID attribute which matches the for attribute in the label tag; this means that even though there is a label, it is not announced when tabbing. I am guessing that this was a mistake in the coding given the effort to make the other form fields accessible. Unfortunately, both methods for associating a label with a form field failed in these instances.

Greg