Re: Problem with Say All in Word stopping seems to be resolved

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Robert, glad to hear it is behaving now!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 11:39 PM Robert Portal <portalrm56@...> wrote:

Dear Quentin,

I reported a problem with Say all in Word some time ago where, in a large text file Say all always stopped after about 5 or 6 minutes reading. I had assumed that this was something peculiar to my system especially since it happened in Jaws as well as in NVDA (and I do have a number of programmes which might conflict with each other – it would take too long to explain why I keep it that way).

The problem seems to have been resolved in the 2021.3 release and I assume it is likely to be connected with NVDA now scrolling the Word view to keep up with the text being read while in Say all.

Many thanks for the good work

Robert

Da: nvda@nvda.groups.io Per conto di Quentin Christensen
Inviato: mercredi 8 décembre 2021 12:28
A: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Oggetto: [nvda] NVDA 2021.3 Released!

Hi everyone,

NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2021.3 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, is now available for download. We encourage all users to upgrade to this version.

Highlights:
This release introduces support for the new HID Braille specification. This specification aims to standardize support for Braille Displays without needing individual drivers. There are updates to eSpeak-NG and LibLouis, including new Russian and Tshivenda tables. Error sounds can be enabled in stable builds of NVDA via a new advanced settings option. Say all in Word now scrolls the view to keep the current position visible. There are lots of improvements when using Office with UIA. One UIA fix is that Outlook now ignores more types of layout tables in messages.

Read the full details, and download from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.