Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2021.3 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Quentin Christensen

Hi Niranjan,

Firstly thank you for your support!  We really appreciate it.

We haven't changed anything on the site from our end.  I did have another user from India contact me recently who was unable to donate.  What we found was that there had been changes in the rules in India around donations.  The user had to enter or update their tax identification number into PayPal, and then they could donate.  Could you please log into your PayPal account and check if there is anything like that you can update they might want?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 3:50 AM Niranjan Vala <niranjan.v.94@...> wrote:
Hello Quentin, I am Niranjan from India and I would like to inquire about the donation options on nvaccess.org. When I tried the single donation option and tried payment via paypal, It said "Payments are not accepted from this country yet". It even doesn't work if I try to pay via credit or debit card options. What should we Indians do if we want to donate?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 17:43, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration <nvda@nvda.groups.io> wrote:

NVDA 2021.3 Released

By Reef Turner

NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2021.3 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, is now available for download. We encourage all users to upgrade to this version.

Highlights

This release introduces support for the new HID Braille specification. This specification aims to standardize support for Braille Displays without needing individual drivers. There are updates to eSpeak-NG and LibLouis, including new Russian and Tshivenda tables. Error sounds can be enabled in stable builds of NVDA via a new advanced settings option. Say all in Word now scrolls the view to keep the current position visible. There are lots of improvements when using Office with UIA. One UIA fix is that Outlook now ignores more types of layout tables in messages.

Important Note: Due to an update to our security certificate, a small number of users get an error when NVDA 2021.2 checks for updates. NVDA now asks Windows to update security certificates, which will prevent this error in the future. Affected users will need to download this update manually.

Please note, after updating any software, it is a good idea to restart the computer. Restart by going to the Shutdown dialog, selecting “restart” and pressing ENTER. Updating software can change files which are in use. This can lead to instability and strange behaviour which is resolved by rebooting. This is the first thing to try if you do notice anything odd after updating.

Links

While downloading NVDA, please consider becoming a monthly donor. Contributions like yours help NV Access continue our important work.

We also have a range of training material in the NV Access Shop to help you increase your skills with NVDA. Start with the popular Basic Training for NVDA in electronic text, audio and braille. Save with the NVDA Productivity Bundle. This includes Basic Training, all our Microsoft Office training, and telephone support.

Close-up photograph of NVDA logo in notification area.

Close-up photograph of NVDA logo in notification area.

Niranjan G Vala

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager