Re: new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Betsy Grenevitch

Thank you for making this so easy to download. I can't wait to use it for the first time but right now do not have a file to use it on. thank you to those who worked on this one.

On 12/8/2021 10:44 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

You can get it at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez2r125eilvhzi9/NAPS2TesseractOCR_1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1

Comands:

NVDA+Shift+R to recognize a image file;

NVDA+Control+Shift+R to recognize from scanner.

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 14:02 de 08/12/2021, Mobeen Iqbal escreveu:
Hi.

This certainly sounds like an excellent add-on. Does anyone know if there is a similar add-on or function to scan directly from twain scanners or cameras? That is the 1 missing function in my humble opinion.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 08/12/2021 11:24, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi, Simone,

This is n excellent piece of work! I have just tried the add-on with a bank statement in bitmap form file in my Downloads folder. It works like a dream!
Yesterday, I tried to read the same file by using NVDA + r to OCR the Adobe screen displaying the statement. This gave me only a partial read of the contents. I am sure this was limited by the way Adobe was displaying the image.

Just now, I pointed to the closed file in my downloads folder and press NVDA+shift+r and, almost instantly, a crisp, clear version of the statement page appeared without all the material that complicated the Adobe-based image.

Many thanks to you and to the developer team and for sharing this great tool!

All the best,

Cearbhall