Re: NVDA 2021.3, Still no NLS E-Reader listed in the list of braille displays to choose from, what a bummer.

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Shawn,

That's all good information.  It would be worth following up with NLS and Humanware.  I will contact them as well, but it would be worth you also contacting them.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 1:58 PM Shawn via groups.io <kb7clx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If I set it to Automatic, it shows HumanWare Brailliant BI/B series is loaded, if I set it to HumanWare Brailliant BI/B series  directly it says error, the braille display could not be loaded. When set to automatic it does send braille to the display but completely ignores any commands coming from the display. That means I can only read half of each line with the display, changing tether options doesn’t change this. I also can’t type anything from the display or route the cursor. It talks about connecting via USB with the protocol set to HumanWare, but nothing about Bluetooth. And beyond setting the display to Brailliant BI/B series/braille note touch  I can find nowhere in the guide or in the braille settings to set the protocol so that it will accept commands from the display. But at least now I know it’s supposed to be set to Brailliant BI/B series and not some nonexistent missing nls e-reader, not that that changes anything. Before I updated I was able to set it to HumanWare Brailliant BI/B series  directly with the same results, NVDA ignored any input from the display, but sent braille to it. It says the nls E-reader doesn’t require any special drivers to be installed. I wish it did, because maybe such a driver would tell NVDA to accept input from the display lol. I suspect it’s one of those situations where it works on some systems but not others until they’ve worked out the bugs. At least now I know it just isn’t going to work on my system, and not because there’s a setting missing.

Shawn Klein

Sent from Mail for Windows