Hello Sarah,
That is good to know. I know that feeling of relief. :)

Mani

On Dec 8, 2021, at 8:28 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Yep, loved that app, used it for my research papers which I passed btw. Glad to have that over with.  I will be trying this ad don as soon as I find an inaccessible pdf.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mani Iyer via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 4:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] new addon: NVDA Advanced OCR.

Hello Steve,
I forgot to mention that I was referring to the present state of the add-on.  I wanted to say it can be done now but like Brian pointed out there will be  some cleanup to follow.  Of course, it will be great to have the add-on access the device directly and produce the accessible format.  This was how I used Serotek’s Docuscan  on my Mac. There was a ’Scan’ button pressing whereupon you get a viewer window where you can read the text and if desired, save it to different file formats.

Mani

  the

On Dec 8, 2021, at 5:37 PM, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:

What scanner software? I was talking about using the add-on to access the camera or scanner directly through its software interface, bypassing the need to use it. JAWS does this very successfully.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close