Re: Tables and blank lines in Outlook

Sarah k Alawami

Tables are for html apps only such as edge and electron apps I believe and no to your first question. Just use say all if you want to  git rid of the blank lines. I do arrow but only if I know there is a code I need to read etc but that’s rare.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Alfaro
Sent: Thursday, December 9, 2021 3:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Tables and blank lines in Outlook

Hello. I’m trying to get more acquainted with NVDA and have a couple of questions regarding configuration and how it performs in Outlook messages.

  1. When arrowing through open Outlook email and messages, blank lines just get in the way and adds unnecessary time to reading email. Is there a setting that will tell NVDA to either ignore or skip bland lines? If no I would love to see such a setting in the future. I know that of course I just use read to end but I really prefer arrowing down through a message.
  2. The same goes for tables also in Outlook. They really slow things up when reading. I know there are table settings but are they applied strictly to the program in focus, or are they applied globally to everything?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to any answers or suggestions

Warmest regards

Rick Alfaro