Re: control+shift+w command must be changed in weater plus

Gene

Control shift w exactly duplicates alt f4.  I didn’t know about the command until this thread but I experimented with it.  My description of how alt f4 works applies to control shift w. 

If you have multiple tabs opened in one window, alt f4 closes the entire program.  If you have multiple windows opened, alt f4 closes the window you are in.  You must close all windows individually

I’ll add that if you have multiple tabs opened and you only want to close the tab you are in, control f4 will do so.

If you have to use alt f4 multiple times, you are opening new windows.  We can discuss how not to do that and how to open multiple tabs instead.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2021 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] control+shift+w command must be changed in weater plus

brian, i won't insist on changing the command anymore, but i still want to talk about the command control+shift+wimagine that i have many tabs open, it would be boring to close them all. we can press ALT+f4 but all that will close will be one tab, and the others will still be open, so alt+f4 doesn't replace the command control+shift+w.as i said, i'm not insisting, and nen wanting to fight, i'm just giving my opinion.

Em sex., 10 de dez. de 2021 às 19:26, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> escreveu:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 02:41 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
So be very very careful when button mashing as I call it.
-
Sage advice, period.

I have made more money over the years from the aftermath of frustrated button mashing than I care to think about (or, more accurately, that the clients would prefer to think about).  Also from people doing tweaking (which is not problematic, per se) and not keeping a step-by-step list of exactly what tweaks they've made so that they can be reversed if needed.  And I've been guilty of the latter on a couple of occasions, much to my chagrin.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.