locked Re: Tutorial On Using NVDA Single Letter Navigation to navigate faster than even a sighted person

Jackie

Gene, the truth is that browsers try very hard now to ensure that can
no longer happen. I too have been a victim of such malware. I was on a
reputable site getting an dietary exchange list for a diabetic
patient--& I had current antivirus software running. All kinds of
untoward stuff happened back then, simply because cybersecurity was
not a priority. It still really isn't as much as it should be--one
only has to read the headlines to figure that out--but browser
developers know what havoc this sort of thing can wreak, and they now
do everything they know of to try to stop at least that sort of
activity in its tracks.

On 12/13/21, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Of course, a good antimalware program or programs with realtime protection
may stop such activities but I wouldn’t want to take a chance to download
material I can download with no risk.

I should add that I may not have been using a current antivirus program when
the malware was downloaded to my machine perhaps fifteen years ago.

Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019