Re: NVDA Features feedback

Christo de Klerk

Edited

Hello

Many thanks for your very helpful message. I heard of the Object enhancer, but had no idea where to get it. I have just installed it and will play around with it.

I have Golden Cursor and have been using it with some success, though it is not as convenient as just labelling items would have been.

Thanks, I appreciate your suggestions.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2021/12/15 12:51am, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi Christo

I totally agree with you on that. My talk back on my phone can label un labled buttons etc and there are programs out there that need it to use it..The only addons I am aware of is one called object enhancer which can be downloaded from my drop box at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqnooxmas5utw70/objEnhancer_2019.2beta1_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=0

It works with nvda at present I would have to check with the latest update.

Some part of it need updating but am sure the guy who done it does not want to take it any further.

The other one is the golden cursor where it lets you label hot spots I have used it on a  scanner with un labled buttons but to get to them you use the elements list no biggy.

Gene nz

On 15/12/2021 3:53 am, Christo de Klerk wrote:

This has been mentioned already, but I mention it again, as I think this feature is really needed and long overdue: the ability to label unlabelled or poorly labelled controls and graphics. This is one area where NVDA lags way behind other screen readers. Even the late Window-Eyes had this feature.

Kind regards

Christo