From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 5:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Missing spaces between words in PDF document

Heaven, Jacob, et al,

I had a long chat session with the Adobe help team yesterday.

It seems that the problem arises when a document created in some other editor is saved as PDF this problem can arise resulting in spaces not appearing to be standard ones under ISO (or ASCII 32).

With the help of the Adobe support team, I used “adobe Acrobat Pro DC” to reprocess the offending document by printing it “as Adobe” and saving the output document to the hard disk rather than actually printing it. The spaces were all present and no misspellings occurred.

The help team assured me that this problem arises from outside editors and not from within Adobe. Therefore, Adobe can do nothing about it.

Perhaps we could ask Microsoft and other manufacturers of editing programs to examine their processes for creating PDF files and see how this might arise.

The authors of my problem document used Microsoft PowerPoint to create the document and then saved it as .PDF. That suggests that Microsoft have to take this up and sort it out, doesn’t it?

All the best,

Cearbhall