Re: Issue Installing the Application Dictionary Add-On

Dave Grossoehme

Hi:  I have to agree %100 with you Bryan.  However, what is going to happen if you have someone that doesn't have the knowledge to make a change like this?

Dave G

On 12/7/2021 12:54 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Have you tried to change the manifest.ini?
-
No, and not because I doubt that I could edit it.  But that's not a solution.

Add-ons are either being maintained, by someone (not necessarily their original developers), or they're not.

While I greatly appreciate the manifest editing workarounds you've provided, those are still not a permanent solution to what I hope is a temporary problem.  If an add-on has been abandoned it should be able to be picked up by anyone who wishes to maintain it based on the licensing requirements that NVDA (wisely) insists upon.

If the manifest needs to be edited, or something else needs to be done, the official maintainers need to be doing it.

         ~ Vance Packard