Re: If you ever want a message deleted from the archive after you've posted, and replies to same blocked #adminnotice

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 03:40 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
How do you delete the contents of the thread if people haven't quoted the content from previous messages?
-
Louise,

I'm not quite certain what you're asking here.  If you are a group owner or a moderator with sufficient privilege, you can use the "More" button below individual messages to do all sorts of things including, but not limited to, deleting, editing, re-titling (Topic Properties), making sticky for the forum web interface, viewing the HTML source, splitting a topic into two using the message with focus as the split point, and more.

What I described earlier was using the Edit Message option, and manually selecting the bottom quoted material that was Quentin's that he did not wish to have in the archive, and deleting it.  I have had to do this numerous times for that particular topic, as most people responding just leave all bottom quoted material in place without trimming it.

But I created this topic so that people could have any accidentally posted messages removed in such a way that they can't just keep reappearing if people reply to a topic.  I can go in to any given message (and so can its original composer) and delete the actual message body itself.  Then I can lock the topic.  That leaves a blank place holder to prevent any replies to that original topic while also removing the original message.  Usually, after a sufficient time has passed, I'll even eventually delete the locked place holder once the likelihood of any replies have long passed.