Re: Reading of MMC in windows

Richard Wells

Thomas: What I would do is run NVDA portable as administrator. Then all of that elevated stuff would read. Others may say that this is not a good idea, but for some tasks, this is just what I have to do if I don't want an installed NVDA and need admin access.

On 12/16/2021 2:05 AM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Hi all,

I notice one lack of NVDA portable copy which I am using.

Whether in windows 7 or 10, this problem still occur.

If you would type in devmgmt.msc in run box and bring up device manager.

NVDA is not reading any of the stuff

Even in MMC and create your own MMC snap-in.

Type in mmc in run box

Then you hit add snap-in ctrl – m

NVDA is not reading anything.

So you can imagine in windows server, all these is not reading, hard to manage those server pool without all these features  working.

Do I need to change any settings?

regards
Thomas N. Chan