Re: If you ever want a message deleted from the archive after you've posted, and replies to same blocked #adminnotice

Sarah k Alawami

I think if you hit the quote reply then delete the reply that is there that you are quoting it should in theory work. You can try it the next time you want to try what brian suggested.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 1:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] If you ever want a message deleted from the archive after you've posted, and replies to same blocked #adminnotice

Hi Brian.  I'm referencing points raised in several messages in this thread, so I'm not quoting a specific message.  I'm not a group owner, but I've seen the "More" submenus you've described.  When I reply to messages using the web interface, I don't quote a post using the "quote post" button on the toolbar unless I actually want to quote something for context.  There is a collapsed button at the bottom of each message in the web interface that says "Show quoted text", but I don't expand it either.  When I used my E-mail client to post and reply to messages, I tried to remember to select and delete the previous information from the thread unless I was quoting, but I don't know of a way to do that using the web interface because the only text that appears in the message body edit field when composing a reply is the text that I myself have typed.

thanks,

Louise