Re: Question about an add-on

Sarah k Alawami

No, I don’t even use screen review. I can’t really explain it, but I really don’t see a difference. I use up and down arrow with the keyboard everywhere I go. I only use object nav in screen review mode to get around if I really must. I never could explain what I meant all these years. Arrows work correctly no matter where you are. So there really is no difference in how you navigate. Again I’m really struggling for words here so bare with me. I navigate notepad, jarte, etc, outlook with the arrows, and not object or screen review. I navigate qrz.com with  document view as there are things that the arrows will miss for what ever reason.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 8:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about an add-on

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:01 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually I never switch views. I stick to screen review  everywhere I to. I don’t find myself having a different experience in each when I use arrows. I’m not sure why it is suggested to switch back and forth like this as for me there really is no difference, at all.

-
And that could be because you've trained yourself to "get to everything I want to" using screen review mode.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

But I do think that someone new to NVDA does need to be aware of the modes and play around with each before settling on the one they prefer, or using toggling as Gene suggests.

The only "right way" here is whatever suits you best after you've had a chance to acquaint yourself with the available modes and how they behave.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill