locked Re: GMail Basic Setting With NVDA

Howard Traxler

Which is focus mode and, of course, the other is browse mode?  One makes a sound like a cash register and the other makes a simple beep.  At the cash register sound is when you can type into an edit box.  After the beep, you can use shortcut keys and arrows, etc., to navigate.  But I don't know the name for which mode.

Howard

On 12/17/2021 12:44 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

No, you are supposed to go into focus mode then you can use the key strokes such as * a and * x or what not  to select stuff. It’s like twitter’s g n and g h to navigate, all of this in focus mode.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Dan Beaver
*Sent:* Friday, December 17, 2021 9:08 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] GMail Basic Setting With NVDA

I have tried to use the standard view and have tried using the shortcut keys they publish.  however, I can't get the shortcuts to work. When I press them I get no response and no action from Firefox on the google page at all.  I have tried them on the gmail page as well.

Are the shortcut keys supposed to be combined with some other keys or something?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 12/17/2021 10:58 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Yeah j  for next, k for next, * plus a for select all, number  for
move to j junk. If you hit the ? you will get a list of keys. Read
with all punctuation on so you can get the one I posted. It is
actually a very good experience.