Re: NVDA with windows 7

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

Rui sources, she told me that she had to run NVDA 2019.2.1

sorry your name is mistranslated hahaha

Em sáb., 18 de dez. de 2021 às 11:31, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas via groups.io <25102008luccas=gmail.com@groups.io> escreveu:

rui fonts, I didn't check it, I don't know how to work on windows 7.

Em sáb., 18 de dez. de 2021 às 11:25, Gene <gsasner@...> escreveu:
The computer at the school may not have service pack 1 installed.  If it doesn’t, it can’t run current versions of NVDA.  I’m not sure if that is the problem because I thought the version it is now running needed service pack 1 as well but if the computer isn’t running it, that might be the answer.  Was the computer running any version of NVDA before at some time?  Was there any error message when the person tried to run the installer?  My recollection is that there is an error message if that is the problem.

Whatever the case, if the version of NVDA being used does what is desired, not being able to run the current version is only a curiosity.

Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2021 7:50 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with windows 7

Hi friends, at my school, there was a computer with windows 7, and my teacher tried to install NVDA on it, but it didn't work, and she had to run NVDA 2019.2.1. someone else's computer, and I checked the NVDA version, and it was a recent one from 2021, can you explain that? When I ran the compatibility solution with a test portable NVDA, and set it to windows 7, it didn't run, what leads me to think that NVDA does not run with windows 7. But as I said above, there was a computer that ran NVDA, so this is a very strange question.