Re: NVDA Features feedback

Jackie

I too, have problems where when firefox crashes, (& it seems to be
increasing in frequency of late) that I lose speech & cant navigate
anywhere. Sometimes Narrator helps, but there have been times when I
couldn't even get the computer to go down using keystrokes like
windows d, alt f4, & enter, which should, by all rights, cause the
computer to shut down. Again, it's hard to know whether this is a
problem w/NVDA, whether NVDA is somehow contributory but not
necessarily causative, or just Firefox, & since most of us on this
list actually *need* NVDA or some other screen reader to operate our
machines, it's not something we can really test.

It's good to get confirmation that others are having this problem,
because sometimes you think you're the only 1 & that the issue may not
be worth reporting. Unfortunately, the crashes are kind of random, ie,
it's not like you can give a step-by-step recipe to replicate it. So
whereas you can report having a problem, you can't provide steps to
reproduce it, & it's therefore likely to be relegated to the "sounds
like it's your problem" bin.

On 12/18/21, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
If that is the case, I’ll use Firefox as it is unless the problem gets much
worse. I find history to be very valuable to use in Firefox for reasons I
won’t go into here and I don’t want to lose it.

I’m not sure if we are talking about the same problem. Are you talking
about a general slowdown? I’m not discussing that and I haven’t seen it
happen due to updates. I’m talking about certain very specific sites that
take perhaps a minute or more to load, evidently the time is taken by the
page being loaded into the browse mode buffer, not into Firefox itself. A
lot of sites load as expected.

When you have a slowdown, do you clear the cache?