Re: Getting to the Thunderbird options button to remove columns?

John Isige

Well, using Mozilla Enhancements, I got it to go away. Of course, in order to do that, I basically unchecked every single column. I still get message subject and all, so now I get to start adding stuff back in. Some of the numbers were 0 and some were 100. I thought it might have been unread, but that didn't make it go away. So we'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks all.

On 12/20/2021 6:36 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 07:31 PM, John Isige wrote:
"0 Re: [nvda] Getting to the Thunderbird options button to remove columns? Brian Vogel 5:14 PM".
-
If memory serves, the default first column in Thunderbird mailboxes is the Unread count of messages in a given thread.  If you simply hide, or move, that column out of the first position it will not be the first thing you hear.

And if I'm wrong about it being the Unread count column, then whatever column it happens to be should either be moved down (right) or hidden from view.  NVDA (any screen reader, actually) will only read the visible columns.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill