Re: Getting to the Thunderbird options button to remove columns?

John Isige

In case anybody needs to know for future reference, the column that was doing it, for me anyway, was "junk status", which is the sixth one down. Without it checked, I heard "Re: [nvda] Getting to the Thunderbird options button to remove columns? Gene nvda@nvda.groups.io 7:16 PM". With it checked, I hear the exact same thing, preceded by a zero, in this particular case.

Thanks so much for helping me figure it out, both of you. It was driving me nuts!

On 12/20/2021 7:16 PM, Gene wrote:
I don’t use Thunderbird to any extent though I know a reasonable amount about it.  I was just playing with columns and I found that there is something wrong in my system.  For some reason, some columns aren’t announced even when checked.  Unread is one.  Total is another and read is another.  Therefore, what I reported earlier about what is read and unread when checked should be disregarded.  I’m sorry about the incorrect information.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Getting to the Thunderbird options button to remove columns?

I don’t know what you are hearing.  I found a column that says total and I checked it.  It is unchecked by default.  For whatever reason, it wasn’t read by NVDA even when checked.  That is, it isn’t read on my machine.  I don’t know about other people.

Perhaps  you might clarify just what you hear and when you hear it.