Re: NVDA Features feedback

Dave Grossoehme

Hi:  I apologize for seeing this on a late date.  However,  I must agree on the fact of hearing enter every time it is pressed or a new line comes up.  Not only that you are going to need edxtra coding when it isn't needed.

Dave

On 12/15/2021 1:20 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 01:09 PM, Mani Iyer wrote:
It is a whitespace character like the tab or blank which are correctly spoken by NVDA.
-
Tab cannot be distinguished from other whitespace unless announced.  Blank is generally only announced going character by character or line by line if a line is blank.

Newline is very simple to deduce by context, and I doubt that very many would ever want that announced as a routine matter.

Not that I need to understand, but I'd like to:  Why do you have such a desire for Enter/Carriage Return/Newline to be explicitly spoken?  And, as a follow up, how is it that you cannot deduce its presence in almost all cases?

Heaven knows I would not want enter echoed every time I type it just like I don't want space echoed in the vast majority of cases.  But that's me.