Where to get the latest version of the NVDA Advanced OCR (NAO) Add-On

Simone Dal Maso

Hello all and many Christmas!
We are proud to tell you that a new version of Nao is available.
This is the last version for 2021.
We have added new features and solved some bugs, here is the list:
• OCR of pdf and images are presented in a new text window, with some hotkeys for simple operations; in this manner we automatically solved the incompatibility with third party addons; shortcuts are:
◦ PgUp / PgDown: move the cursor between real pages of a multipages document.
◦ P: report page number related to the cursor position, in a multipage document.
◦ l: report line number related to the cursor position, in a multipage document.
◦ c: copy all text to the clipboard.
◦ s: Save a copy of the document in text format.
◦ f: find text and read some words before and after the string.
• Support for the Xplorer filemanager.
• Nao shortcuts are customizable from the Input Gestures Dialog of NVDA. Open NVDA menu, go to preferences, and from that submenu select input gestures dialog. Remember that this feature is not global, but it works only where Nao can make an ocr. So gestures will appear only if you are in the desktop, or in file explorer, Total Commander or Xplorer.
• Nao works only where possible, so if you are in a not supported window, the hotkey will be ignored by the addon; this solved an important issue where Excel and Word users couldn't press the NVDA-Shift-r keystroke, since it was incorrectly intercepted by Nao.
• A long Ocr process can be aborted simply pressing the "Cancel" button on the progress bar window. this window also gives you information about the state of the OCR, updating informations every 5 seconds. You can configure how to receive progress bar information with the standard NVDA-u command.
• Added Turkish, Russian, Spanish, Chinese and french translations.
• Users can make donations to the project.
• Fixed a bug with some characters on the file name that prevents the Ocr to work properly.

Download it from:
www.nvda-nao.org/download

Please, if you find critical bugs, write an email to:
support@...

We hope this addon will improve your productivity.

See you in 2022!