Re: NVDA 2021.3 RC2 now available

Gene

This may help you update add-ons but I’m not sure how you might get NVDA to update itself.  Also, this solution might not be necessary any longer.  It may be better and more simple to uninstall the add-on updater you are using and install the newest version which probably has corrected the problem discussed here.

I gave the address of the topic and here is the page to get the latest add-on updater.  That’s what I wsould try first.

Sent: Friday, December 24, 2021 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2021.3 RC2 now available

Hi, i’d like to know why can’t i get updates whether they are ad-ons or updates to nvda specificly.  It seems for me at least, that i still can’t get ad-on updates and i still can’t find the new nvda advanced OCR ad-on.  Where can i get this update.  thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

On Dec 21, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 06:19 AM, David Ingram wrote:
Hi, is there going to be a fix concerning check for ad-ons in nvda?
-
That fix is already part of NVDA 2021.3.  The issue was strictly with 2021.2 and only for certain users, because the issue arose from a Windows-based certificate issue, which is now worked around.

As has been noted, if the add-ons you already have were compatible with 2021.2, there have been no updates to add-ons that I know of that are specific to any of the dot releases in the 2021 progression other than, perhaps, 2021.1.  Anyone using any of the 2021.X releases has 2021.X compatible add-ons (or, potentially, disabled incompatible ones, but that's a different kettle of fish).

        ~ Dorothy Nevill