Re: a very critical problem in using nvda 2016.3 with firefox. i need its developers help.

Jenine Stanley

Tell me more about the dll file issue. I don’t recall hearing about this. I’ve had the issue with every version of NVDA since 2016.1. I sadly hadn’t created a restore point at all but I do have other issues with this computer involving Windows Updates that will necessitate the reinstall. It’s bigger than NVDA, in other words.
Jenine Stanley

On Oct 1, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

It isn't the same problem because it only affects one snapshot of NVDA.

As regards your problem, did you try the solution of registering one or more dll files?  I don't recall the details of this possible solution but someone else should know them or may well already have notes.  How long have you had the problem.  Do you have a system restore point from before the problem started?  Depending on what your problem is, nothing drastic such as a reinstallation of Windows may be necessary.

Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2016 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a very critical problem in using nvda 2016.3 with firefox. i need its developers help.

I have had this going on for quite some time now and it is something on my machine, probably something that didn’t get uninstalled. Nothing thus far fixes it and a reinstall of Windows is going to be necessary to fix it completely. It’s not NVDA though. I have NVDA working on two other machines, one running 7 and the other running 10. The big test is to try it with IE. If it’s what we all think, it will behave similarly. It may work once or twice but then behave exactly as it does in Firefox.

Sorry for the bad news.
Jenine Stanley

On Oct 1, 2016, at 5:24 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:

We have been here before. Its not nvda I'm pretty sure as I've used it with no issues with Firefox on most versions of Windows. The thing to try is this, does Internet Explorer work?
If as I suspect it does not then the issue has to be your computer, its software or a corruption of the registry.
Did you have an office product on your machine and have removed it recently, or has any programs uninstaller apparently failed?
I don't know the fix myself but I'm pretty sure that virtual buffers are not being created by nvda and thus this points to something broken in windows api somewhere that nvda listens to.
I'm sure others may well know the full story, but  maybe you can restore you computer to an earlier time?
I would say that your should find older versions of nvda do not work either now, if they do then the problem is obviously more complex, and we need to know what is different on your machine to most other peoples machines.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-