Re: Automatic speech output for interactive fiction interpreters not doing automatic speech

Felix G.

Hello Mohamed,
I am running version 1.5, and report dynamic content changes is active.
Also, in standard console windows, automatic reading works as
expected. Only in Magnetic do I encounter the problem.
I am going to try with Frotz to see if only Magnetic is affected.
Best,
Felix Gr├╝tzmacher
Am Mo., 27. Dez. 2021 um 14:46 Uhr schrieb Mohamed <malhajamy@...>:

Have you checked if report dynamic content changes is enabled? Also, have you updated to the latest version of the addon? IFInterpreters 1.4 had to make changes to support newer versions of several interpreters recently.
On 12/27/2021 4:56 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Felix, I have a lot of other add-ons installed, including console toolkit, global commands extension, etc. - those two might affect this side of it, but, have no experience with that interpreter, so, sorry can't help more.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA
On 2021-12-27 11:52 AM, Felix G. wrote:

Hi,
with the add-on active, NVDA detects the text window in Magnetic as a
terminal, but unlike the standard Windows terminal, NVDA does not
automatically announce new text. What else would there be to tweak?
Thanks,
Felix

Am Mo., 27. Dez. 2021 um 10:48 Uhr schrieb Jacob Kruger <jacob@...>:

It works fine for me using windows frotz 1.19?

That interpreter might also require a bit of interface tweaking - can't remember since been a while, but, it does work?

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA
On 2021-12-25 10:51 AM, Felix G. wrote:

Hello everyone,
maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I'm using the
automatic speech output for interactive fiction interpreters add-on,
and for some reason it does not speak automatically in the Magnetic
Scrolls interpreter. I've turned off pictures as the instructions
suggest. I can read the text just fine using the review cursor, only
the automatic speech functionality does not work.
Any help is appreciated.
All the best,
Felix