Re: Function keys on orbit reader 40.

Ali Colak

Hello,
Sarah k Alawami, if you can poast that link I will be greatful, the
orbit reader user guide was uninformative.

There is a possibility that all of this is due to the fact that HID
support is at infancy, but I am not sure as I am new to using a
braille display with a screen reader. While I have downloaded braille
extender and will be exploring its features, I don't see them having
any use for me as the gestures I am trying to work with are already
defined in NVDA.

On 12/27/21, Mani Iyer via groups.io <mani.g.iyer@...> wrote:
Hello Lino,
I use the Orbit Writer with my iPhone. As someone new to NVDA can you tell
me if you can use the Orbit Writer with a Windows laptop without having to
resort to the laptop keyboard for any reason ?
Thanks.

Warmly,
Mani

On Dec 27, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
wrote:

You need to read the manual Orbit Research has. I'm sure its located on
their site. I'm sure their commands specificly for NVDA. I have an Orbit
Writer. I don't know if the commands for the reader and writer are the
same or not.

On 12/27/2021 7:05 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:
I would suggest installing the BrailleExtender add-on, then reading its
help to discover the braille display keys that you need to use for your
particular purposes.