From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Colak
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2021 8:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Function keys on orbit reader 40.

Hello,

Sarah k Alawami, if you can poast that link I will be greatful, the orbit reader user guide was uninformative.

There is a possibility that all of this is due to the fact that HID support is at infancy, but I am not sure as I am new to using a braille display with a screen reader. While I have downloaded braille extender and will be exploring its features, I don't see them having any use for me as the gestures I am trying to work with are already defined in NVDA.

On 12/27/21, Mani Iyer via groups.io <mani.g.iyer@...> wrote:

> Hello Lino,

> I use the Orbit Writer with my iPhone. As someone new to NVDA can you

> tell me if you can use the Orbit Writer with a Windows laptop without

> having to resort to the laptop keyboard for any reason ?

> Thanks.

> Warmly,

> Mani

>> On Dec 27, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

>> wrote:

>> You need to read the manual Orbit Research has. I'm sure its located

>> on their site. I'm sure their commands specificly for NVDA. I have an

>> Orbit Writer. I don't know if the commands for the reader and writer

>> are the same or not.

>> On 12/27/2021 7:05 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:

>>> I would suggest installing the BrailleExtender add-on, then reading

>>> its help to discover the braille display keys that you need to use

>>> for your particular purposes.

>>> Colak

>>> Sent: Monday, 27 December 2021 17:23

>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io