From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Colak
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2021 8:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Function keys on orbit reader 40.

Hello,

Sarah k Alawami, if you can poast that link I will be greatful, the orbit
reader user guide was uninformative.

There is a possibility that all of this is due to the fact that HID support
is at infancy, but I am not sure as I am new to using a braille display with
a screen reader. While I have downloaded braille extender and will be
exploring its features, I don't see them having any use for me as the
gestures I am trying to work with are already defined in NVDA.

On 12/27/21, Mani Iyer via groups.io < <mailto:mani.g.iyer@...>
mani.g.iyer@...> wrote:

Hello Lino,
I use the Orbit Writer with my iPhone. As someone new to NVDA can you
tell me if you can use the Orbit Writer with a Windows laptop without
having to resort to the laptop keyboard for any reason ?
Thanks.
Warmly,
Mani
On Dec 27, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Lino Morales <
<mailto:linomorales001@...> linomorales001@...>
wrote:
You need to read the manual Orbit Research has. I'm sure its located
on their site. I'm sure their commands specificly for NVDA. I have an
Orbit Writer. I don't know if the commands for the reader and writer
are the same or not.
On 12/27/2021 7:05 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:
I would suggest installing the BrailleExtender add-on, then reading
its help to discover the braille display keys that you need to use
for your particular purposes.