Re: Audio ducking not supported

Nikola Jovic

Hi,

thanks for the idea.

I've managed to fix the problem.

For some reason, on the desktop under NVDA's shortcut properties, in the compatibility tab, NVDA was set to run with administrator privileges. Unchecking this, which is the default, restored audio ducking support.

I'm not entirely sure however why this same property didn't cause issues in 2021.1 but does in later versions, however replying in case someone else encounters this weird situation.

On 1/1/2022 5:03 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
It certainly can't hurt to try:  Using DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) and SFC (System File Checker) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

If that doesn't do it, I'd try completely uninstalling NVDA and reinstalling.  I've got NVDA 2021.3 (right now 2021.3.1 is downloading) and NVDA + SHIFT + D cycles through the three ducking states without issue.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill