locked Re: Compiling a Braille output table

John Isige

NVDA uses Liblewis for braille. I'll bet you can find stuff on compiling an output table for that.

http://liblouis.org/documentation/liblouis.html

On 1/4/2022 2:54 PM, Dirk Verbiest wrote:
Hello,

I would like to compile a braille output table based on Dutch (Nederlands 8 punt), but with slight modifications.
The table should appear as “MUZIEK” in the list of braille output. This will allow my blind son to read music scores on his braille display.

I have created such a table for Jaws many years ago. That was fairly easy, because there’s only one file involved. However, in NVDA there are several files involved (files located in the folder “tables” with the extensions .tbl, .utb, .cti). Perhaps files in other folders as well, but I have no idea.

So, where can I find how to go about this? Any advice?

Best,
Dirk