Re: Reading Output in Programming Environments Automatically

Gene

Check to see if report dynamic content changes is on.  It is by default but it may have been turned off by a typing error.  The command to toggle it on or off is NVDA 5, 5 on the main keyboard.

Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2022 5:54 PM
To: nvda
Subject: [nvda] Reading Output in Programming Environments Automatically

Dear all,

I am using NVDA 2021.3.1 on Windows 10. When using the Command Prompt
or Windows Subsystem for Linux, NVDA does not auto-read the output on
pressing Enter. This means that I need to use the review cursor to
manually inspect the output each time. I do not recall experiencing
this behaviour in the past. I ran the COM registration fixing tool and
restarted with add-ons disabled without success. Is there a
work-around or patch to enable NVDA to auto-read output?

I would truly appreciate all suggestions and inputs on this.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024