Re: Filling PDF Forms

David Csercsics

Did you get NVDA to read a PDF in Adobe Reader? The latest version of both NVDA and Reader here won’t even open. Assuming you get it to open, I’ve had reasonable results in the past once Adobe automatically tags the form. You do need the read form fields feature enabled in the reading options in Adobe.

On 2022-01-12 10:31 a.m., Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

One of the tasks I use sighted assistance for but suspect can be done
independently is filling out PDF forms. Properly tagged PDFs which
have editable form fields right in the document, of course, aren't a
problem. Inversely, I understand that scanned, image-based PDF forms
would be a challenge to read let alone fill. However, the kinds of
documents I am referring to right now are generally accessible PDFs
which can either (i) be printed out and physically filled or (ii) be
edited directly and digitally filled. What are methods and software to
edit such PDFs independently using NVDA without accidentally altering
its structure or formatting?

I would truly appreciate your inputs and suggestions on this.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024