Re: Tecnical question to devs.

Gabe,

You are highly unlikely to get an answer to your queries (which are good ones) on this group since it is almost entirely composed of end users and is focused on end users of NVDA.

You really need to be asking this on a blind developer list, of which there are many.  One of the most recently recommended is the Program-I List for Visually Impaired Developers on freelists.org.  If Jackie and Joseph Lee both like it, that's recommendation enough for me.  I would strongly suggest you join and start asking away there, as the community is dedicated to just these sorts of questions.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)