Re: Filling PDF Forms

Sarah k Alawami

No I just heard text. But everyone else and my agent were writing this in edge and saving it as a pdf etc. I can't show you guys as this was for a private thign we were doing, and I'm not really aloud to distribute those, besides this was sometime last year.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.

On 12 Jan 2022, at 8:26, Gene wrote:

Before the agent did this, when you moved through the form, was there any indication that they were fillable or did you just hear text, as though the intent was to print the document?

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Filling PDF Forms

I had one such case. The aira agent was able to click into the form fields and I was able to type into them, all this while using edge btw, I really don’t know how they did it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 7:59 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Filling PDF Forms

If I understand your question, it is how you fill out a PDF document with no form fields.  I would think in such a case, the expectation is that you would print it and return a paper copy or perhaps fax it. 

If you did OCR a PDF file and then fill out answers by inserting text in  the document, I don’t know if that would be accepted or if some other way would be required.  Again, it may be expected that the document be printed and returned. 

I don’t know if a PDF document can have form fields that aren’t seen by a screen-reader, using an appropriate program that should show them.  If that occurs, then the document isn’t accessible.  You would thhen need sighted assistance or you would need to work something out with the person or entity that sent you the form.

Gene

-----Original Message-----

I don’t know if there are cases in which a PDF document wouldn’t show fillable fields if they are present.  If that

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 9:31 AM

To: nvda

Subject: [nvda] Filling PDF Forms

Dear all,

One of the tasks I use sighted assistance for but suspect can be done
independently is filling out PDF forms. Properly tagged PDFs which
have editable form fields right in the document, of course, aren't a
problem. Inversely, I understand that scanned, image-based PDF forms
would be a challenge to read let alone fill. However, the kinds of
documents I am referring to right now are generally accessible PDFs
which can either (i) be printed out and physically filled or (ii) be
edited directly and digitally filled. What are methods and software to
edit such PDFs independently using NVDA without accidentally altering
its structure or formatting?

I would truly appreciate your inputs and suggestions on this.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhavyashah125/

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.