Re: LibreOffice Calc Global Commands Extension add-on

Richard B. McDonald

Thanks, Chris!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2022 6:18 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] LibreOffice Calc Global Commands Extension add-on

Hi Richard

The “Global Commands Extension” is an NVDA add-on (similar to a Jaws Script), which adds functionality to the screen reader, over and above that provided by the NVDA core.  Add-ons are optional pieces of software providing additional functionality  covring a large variety of applications, so you can choose the add-ons to tailor NVDA to suit your own computing preferences.

The “Global Commands Extension” adds a whole host of additional functionality, including audio feedback from clipboard related commands.  Although the clipboard copy command works in terms of grabbing the cell contents from LO, the audio feedback it provides just says “No Selection”.

There is another NVDA add-on called “Clipspeak”, which does announce “Copied to clipboard” when used with LO but I think that the audio feedback is triggered by the fact that a clipboard related command has been issued, not it’s outcome.

Cheers

                Chris