Re: update error message

Chris

Yes, you will have to download and install the nvda installer manually, it cannot be done through check for updates, once you have updated manually it should update normally from now on

From: Ame
Sent: 13 January 2022 20:30
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] update error message

Hi all!

Just thought I’d see if there’s a new update so I went to the help menu and clicked check for updates.  I got an error.  All it said was “error checking for update.”  Is this a common thing lately?  Is there anything I can do?  This is the first time I’ve ever encountered this issue in my nearly 12 years using NVDA.

Thanks a bunch.  I’ll appreciate any help you can give me.