Re: Can't uninstall NVDA 2021.2 from Windows 10 21h1

Arlene

Hi, there might be some other thing that might be stuck when you are trying to uninstall NVDA or whatever it is.  I had this happen when I tried to uninstall NVDA 2019 when my windows 7 was about to bite the dust. I was getting rid of things on there.  When I tried to uninstall NVDA. There were error messages. Don’t ask me what it was. I’ll make it up. It was something like 8554something something. I told the tec person at the source where I got this ten box. He knew what the errors were. He did fix something in the windows bios or some place.  He thanked me for telling him the error messages.  He did scrub the hard drive and recycled it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: January 13, 2022 7:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't uninstall NVDA 2021.2 from Windows 10 21h1

You need to supply error messages.

Failure to install is a completely different thing than failure to upgrade from within.

One thing I always suggest when any "weirdness" is occurring under Windows 8 or later is:  Using DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) and SFC (System File Checker) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

If you're still unable to install error messages from Windows would be the next thing an assistant would need to know.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)