locked Re: Update issues - NVDA 2021.1 & 2 along with Add-Ons in those two Versions #adminnotice

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 06:44 PM, Gene wrote:
Perhaps this discussion may help many people realize that they can update easily even if the updater doesn’t work for some reason.
-
I certainly hope so.

I have, on occasions, been called upon to install special builds to test fixes to bugs I've reported.  I've always just slapped those in and then slapped the production version back in afterward without ever backing up a single user setting or add-on I have installed.

They just stay there.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)