Re: Can't uninstall NVDA 2021.2 from Windows 10 21h1

George McCoy

And a very good point it is, Brian.  Now that I know where the nvda.log file is written, I can try installing from the portable copy and, if it fails, hopefully, the error code will show up in the log file.

On 1/13/2022 5:20 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 06:08 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, there might be some other thing that might be stuck when you are trying to uninstall NVDA or whatever it is.
-
Indeed.  But the way to determine what those "some other things" might be is by analyzing error messages and/or logs.

As a general rule, always, you need to supply the specific error message text and/or codes when you get them.

Saying to a potential assistant, "I got an error message, can you fix it," is akin to telling someone who can't see you and has no idea where you are on the surface of the earth, "I live on land, can you find me."

Specificity is necessary, not optional, when tech solutions are being sought.  That's the point I'm trying to make.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)