Re: SentenceNav settings problem (Re: [nvda] Tony's add-ons: updates and new features)

Martin J. Dürst <duerst@...>

Hello Tony,

After fixing the problem myself by looking at examples from the FocusHighlight add-on and using some trial and error, I wanted to create a pull request. However, I found that the problem was already fixed, in a way very similar to mine, by CyrilleB79 in a commit 7 months ago.
Apparently, I had an old version, 2.11. I'll try to upgrade to the newest version soon.

Many thanks again for this great plugin!

Regards, Martin.

On 2022-01-13 04:18, Tony Malykh via groups.io wrote:
I can't fix this as I cannot see this myself. However, if you can fix this - pull request would be welcome.
On 1/10/2022 9:34 PM, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
Hello Tony, others,

I have another problem with the SentenceNav add-on settings panel. This seems to be a problem that only appears visually, not in speech.

What happens is that some of the settings (from "Sentence breakers" down to "Disaple SentenceNav in applications") are all shown on top of the first setting ("Volume of chime when crossing paragraph border"). Because they are on top of each other, only the last one of them is visible.

When I check the program, it seems that all the setting elements that are created via sHelper (gui.guiHelper.BoxSizerHelper) and all the settings with sliders (which use settingSizer, the second argument to the makeSettings) get some space, but all the other settings don't get space.

Because this is a problem of on-screen layout, it may be very difficult to debug. I'm ready to help as much as I can, but any advice regarding layout of settings dialogs is appreciated.

Regards,   Martin.