Re: NVDA 2021.3.1 cursor doesn't move in Google product edit fields

Gene

I haven’t tested with the browsers you have named but the Brave browser, another Chrome-based browser, displays this behavior in the Google search edit field.  I haven’t tried other edit fields.

Firefox doesn’t display this behavior.

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 3:56 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2021.3.1 cursor doesn't move in Google product edit fields

Hi.  When I type into Google product edit fields like the search fields in Youtube or Google search, I can't move the cursor around the text using the ARROW KEYS unless I TAB out of and back into the edit field.  I tried both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome with the same result, but they are both chromium-based browsers.  I only have those browsers installed on my computer, and they are both up-to-date.  This doesn't happen in other edit fields like the Windows search box.  I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1466), NVDA 2021.3.1, Microsoft Edge Version 97.0.1072.62 (Official build) (64-bit), and Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit).  Has anyone else come across this?

Louise