Re: NVDA 2021.3.1 cursor doesn't move in Google product edit fields

Well firefox 96 seems to have better processer handling and the latest 96.01 seems to handle displaying of some stuff a lot better to.

Security wize, its quite fast on release runs usually.

And after my own issue with firefox namely noscript I simply have gotten to understand that I just don't bother with that and well things run faster.

With privacy badger causing me issues and https everywhere no longer about.

The only things I use are an addon for rss feeds, I want my rss, add block+ and the extra sounds addon and thats it.

On chrome I use show you rss which does the same thing and add block +.

The addons dialogs on both thunderbird and firefox could be a little more accessible but on the other hand I don't need 1000 addons nore do I really see myself needing to add any more addons to anything.

In fact thunderbird has no addons what so ever.

The only issue that really gets me is that until there is say an file extention which is not included in default setups, I can't do anything till I try to download the thing the first time then I can adjust things.

If I say hide windows installer packages that also effects executable programs which I don't think should be correct.

It also doesn't reccognise nvda-addon files probably because its a weird format even though its just a zip file with a different name.

A while ago there used to be a custom file extention setting but that was ages ago.

These are gripes I have.

I also have the cpu and fan burn to hot when running things but its not like this amd unit has much to do otherwise and its not caused things to crash.

In fact firefox has been really constant from v90 onwards.

I have had waterfox a thing  I used till the end of 2019 get worse and worse to the point it was unusable.

Firefox had a bad patch and I was determined I'd never go back to firefox.

But since the last version that worked was  released august 2020 and I couldn't get any better releases after that that worked I decided to leave classic completely and move to g3.

G3 crashed and screwed up my system a lot and in fact waterfox is still recieving a lot of bad crap on the forums.

I decided to go back to firefox and while I had to leave noscript behind the display issues I had were gone and it worked.

It was a bit slower and crashed from time to time but at least it didn't crash all the time when I visited certain websites no one could find my issues in fact no one seemed to care that much saying nothing was wrong.

The users even told me it was in my head and or it was a problem with windows.

Nothing has changed and the bs has gotten to the point where some users have left.

Ever since waterfox switched to a new investment company it seems like this company is calling the shots rather than its original bosses.

I know firefox is not for everyone.

If you have a slow or an old system then you may not be able to handle it that well.

But it depends what you have loaded.

You really don't need a lot of stuff loaded with this.

I have checked firefox extentions and if you take out the 10-20 search extentions, the 5 or 6 decoders, my extentions which aparently seem to include a few things at least 3 or 4 things, and the mozilla updaters and such there isn't that much.

Some of these are double up so out of 42 different things its more like 20 or less and out of those well as I said its a mixed bag.

On edge most of these are edge related. and in chrome its worse.

Now mozilla has a lot of extra tracking and other stuff but compaired to chrome and or even edge mozilla has about the same components or slightly more than edge

On 15/01/2022 11:16 am, Gene wrote:
I haven’t tested with the browsers you have named but the Brave browser, another Chrome-based browser, displays this behavior in the Google search edit field.  I haven’t tried other edit fields.

Firefox doesn’t display this behavior.

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 3:56 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2021.3.1 cursor doesn't move in Google product edit fields

Hi.  When I type into Google product edit fields like the search fields in Youtube or Google search, I can't move the cursor around the text using the ARROW KEYS unless I TAB out of and back into the edit field.  I tried both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome with the same result, but they are both chromium-based browsers.  I only have those browsers installed on my computer, and they are both up-to-date.  This doesn't happen in other edit fields like the Windows search box.  I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1466), NVDA 2021.3.1, Microsoft Edge Version 97.0.1072.62 (Official build) (64-bit), and Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit).  Has anyone else come across this?

Louise